Lavender oil is an essential oil obtained by distillation from the flower spikes of certain species of lavender. DoTerra’s most popular oil, lavender has been cherished for its unmistakable aroma and its therapeutic properties for thousands of years. Lavender is widely used and accepted for its calming and relaxing qualities. For topical, aromatic, or dietary use.
- Apply to the bottom of feet or on a pillow before sleeping.
- Use to calm reaction to a bee sting or bug bite.
- Use with bath salts for a relaxing spa bathing experience.
- Apply to wrists or inhale when traveling to ease motion upset.
- Lightly apply to soothe sunburned or scalded skin.
- Apply to back, hands, or feet of a restless or agitated child.
- Use to calm and soothe diaper rash.
- Calm sensitive skin and soothe pores after hair removal.
- Apply to dry, chapped lips before applying lip balm.
- Use with peppermint for a healthy scalp massage.
- Add to lotion for a stress-relieving massage.
- Experiences with Lavender:
“My 5 year old fell off a bar stool and had a bruise that stood out about an inch and a half. My brother put Lavender Oil on the bruise and the color was very light and it was not raised at all by the next day.”
“My brother put Lavender oil on his sons burned fingers that other burn remedies did not sooth and he was comforted almost immediately.”
“My children claim that they sleep a lot better when I put this on their feet. I think they enjoy the foot rub as much as the good night’s sleep!”
“A friend says that she was sleeping horribly before she began using lavender oil. She loves it!”
“I like to add lavender oil to my laundry…leaves a nice lasting relaxing scent, especially on my sheets!”
“In the spring, my allergies cause me to have rashes on my abdomen which are very itchy. But in the morning, if I put doTerra Lavender Oil on them… they go until night time before feeling itchy again! Such a blessing!”
What experiences do you have with Lavender Oil?