Doterra Essential Oil…
Clove Essential Oil
Clove is much more than a popular cooking spice, it is a favorite among both health care professionals and health conscious individuals for its many useful and healing properties. It is also a powerful antioxidant.
Clove oil has a sweet, spicy fragrance that is stimulating and revitalizing.
Our Clove essential oil is therapeutic grade which means that only the highest quality and purest form of the essential oil is used and can be used for therapeutic purposes.
Properties: Antibacterial, analgesic, anti-infectious, antifungal, antiparasitic, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, strong antiseptic, disinfectant, antiviral, and immune stimulant.
Historical Uses: Clove essential oil has been used historically for digestive upsets, skin infections, childbirth, intestinal parasites and most commonly for toothache
Aromatic Guide: Can influence healing, create a feeling of courage and protection and improve memory.
Commons uses for Clove essential oil:
- Dental – can be used to treat cavities as well as soothe teething gums in children when diluted with an oil, such as coconut oil (dilute 1 drop to 1 tbs of carrier oil).
- Due to its antiseptic properties, clove oil is useful for wound, cuts, scabies, athlete’s foot, fungal infections, bruises, prickly heat, scabies, etc. It can also be used for treating insect bites and stings. Clove oil is very strong in nature and hence should be used in diluted form. Further, it should not be used on sensitive skin.
- Skin care, especially when dealing with acne.
- Clove oil is aphrodisiac in nature and hence serves as an excellent stress reliever.
- Nausea: Clove oil is helpful in case of nausea and vomiting and is often used for pregnancy related vomiting.
- Topically – Dilute with a carrier oil before applying to the skin. A ratio of 1:1 should be sufficient. Apply to the bodies reflex points or directly to the area of concern. If using in the mouth, rub directly on the gums surrounding the infected tool. Place on tongue to remove desire to smoke. Can be applied to the back of the mouth/tongue for tickling cough.
- Aromatically – Diffuse
- Internally – Take internally for healthy maintenance. Use gel caps for ease of use, or take with honey or some type of beverage.